With so many cars on the market trying to figure out which car to buy can be such a hassle. But now, your mind can be at ease because you can now find out just about anything you want to know about a car online. Cars.com is one of my favorite places to search for a car, no matter what your price range may be they have something for all budgets!
You can find a vehicle for yourself, your hubby or maybe you’re looking to buy your son or daughter their very first car. This is the stage we are in now, purchasing a new or used vehicle for our youngest daughter.
With us using the Cars.com as our guide, we can better understand about the cars and learn how to negotiate if the price is not within our budget. Do you know when you search on Cars.com that you can find out exactly what the dealer paid the manufacturer for the car…..this is would be some great information to assist in your car selection if you ask me!
Here are a few tips I’ve learned since searching Cars.com:
Buying a car for your teen can be a challenge, but, there are many things that can help you make the right decision.
- Remember the reason you searched Cars.com is to make sure you can stay within your budget. You never want to go above your limits when it comes to monthly payments. Make sure your car price is reachable because so much has to be factored in besides a car!
- Please don’t just purchase the first car you see, as my dad use to say temptation can get the best of you and you never want to make the wrong choice without researching other cars. My oldest son did this when he purchased his first car and not even a week later we had to issue out 3500 to get his car fixed. Even though we informed him to look around and do some research, he still insisted on buying that car!
- This tip I can’t stress enough! Ask for a test drive and take it on the freeway so you can gain speed to see how the car handles with accelerating. Plus, I wouldn’t want to purchase a vehicle used or new that wouldn’t keep my child safe, so testing driving will at least provide you with a feel of how this car ride in the city and on the highway.
- Don’t be scared to negotiate after all, this is your money, and if you’re buying a car for your kids you would definitely want to save as much as you can. That extra money could go towards insurance or gas. I can truly say my husband is the best negotiator I’ve seen in years, that man can negotiate on anything. Just don’t be scared and don’t back down either, before you know it the dealer will agree or at least meet you half way.
- Research, research, research, so you will know what you’re talking about when it come to the vehicle that interest you.
- Learn how to prepare; what to watch out for, ways get the most for your money, and how to complete the transaction at the dealer or with a seller.
Remember to use Cars.com price comparison tool, this tool will help find cash back, special financing offers and whatever you do, make sure to also check out the What’s the Best Car for a First-Time Driver?
One more thing I want to mention about Cars.com is they also have great information on car safety checks! So don’t wait visit Cars.com today to see how they can assist you in finding that right car for your teen or yourself!