Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post.
Some people think using mouthwash, mints, and gum may be the only steps in taking care of your teeth daily, but its not. It is important to implement good oral care daily for the healthier your teeth are the better you will feel. Taking care of your teeth at home is just as important as going to the dentist, believe it or not your teeth can affect your entire body.
Your whole mouth needs care, your teeth , jawbone, gums and tissue can be affected by your teeth if they are not properly taken care of. Cleaning teeth and gums will prevent you from having bad breath, cavities, toothaches and stained teeth. Are you aware that many diseases, such as diabetes, heart disease, cancer and many other diseases can be linked with oral health problems? Visiting a dentist regularly can help you maintain good oral health.
I know so many people get nervous when it comes down to visiting the dentist but you must not allow your fear to stop you from getting the care your teeth need. It is best to always discuss your fears with your orthodontists so he or she can help you become more at ease.
Practicing brushing your teeth and avoiding tobacco and some foods often helps people with bad-smelling breath. You may want to try using a tongue scraper to clean food from your tongue also. If you find brushing your teeth and using mouthwash are not helping you I would suggest you speak to your dentist. He or she can advise other methods that may be more effective!!!
Here are a few recommended things that you can do to take care of your teeth:
1) Brush your teeth thoroughly at least twice a day, make sure you brush on all sides of your teeth and get your tongue.
2) Use a dry bristle brush for the first two minutes of cleaning. This action helps to remove plague from the surface of your teeth!
3) Make sure to spend time moving the bristles below the gum line, where it is most important to clean.
4) Floss your teeth daily even after any food that stick in your teeth.
5) Don’t forget you can always use a tongue scraper. A tongue scraper is an important part of your oral hygiene routine also, this will help in preventing stale, smelly breath.
6) Find a fluoride mouthwash. Fluoride mouthwashes help to strengthen tooth enamel.
Last make sure to make an appointment to visit your dentist annually!
Disclaimer: I received compensation for this post , however all opinions are 100% my own.